Join the APS today and benefit from the large range of benefits, products and services that APS members enjoy.
Recognition as an APS member
- Membership of a longstanding, respected and influential psychological society, representing high standards and a commitment to the discipline and profession of psychology
- Identification with media promotion of expert APS members and their skilled psychological contributions to enhancing community wellbeing
- Promotion through the APS Find a Psychologist Service access to quality professional indemnity insurance at reduced rates
- The APS Member Identity Program, through which eligible members can display a member version of the APS logo on business cards and stationery, publications, websites and office signage
- The APS Advantage Package, which provides members with preferential rates and benefits on a range of products and services.
Access to accurate information, advice and resources in the fast-changing world of psychology
- Comprehensive information, from national registration requirements to changes in government programs and higher education initiatives, delivered via member publications, website updates and email alerts.
- Telephone and email advisory services for professional, ethical and legal matters
- Professional resources including practice guidelines, position papers, review articles and tip sheets
- A range of publications – from the member bulletin InPsych, to State newsletters and academic journals – as well as free or discounted access to the EBSCO database of psychology and behavioural sciences literature and Wiley Blackwell books.
Support for your continuing professional development
Skilled and effective advocacy on your behalf
- Ongoing campaigns for increased community access to psychological interventions and maintenance of the Better Access initiative
- Negotiations for high standards and fair arrangements for practitioners and their training under the national registration and accreditation scheme
- Advocacy for increased university funding of psychology programs, and appropriate training and standards under the health workforce reforms